Continuing from my previous post (if you haven’t read it yet, read it here)
Another issue seen while using ICD3 is given below:
If the detected Target Device ID is 0x0000000, then there is some issue in the communication between ICD3 and the target device. Please re-check all your connections.
The reason for this other target device ID mismatch could be any one of the following:
- A wrong target chip is selected in MPLab project.
- Ensure whether the target device is the same as you think.
- You might need a Debug adapter to Debug.
Narrow down the issue by doing Self-Test procedure on ICD3 (refer Part 1). If it goes through, then it is obvious that the issue is on the target board. You will have to check the following in such circumstances:
- Ensure the 5 programming pins on the target (PGC, PDA, nMCLR, VDD, VSS) are properly connected and that the device is getting VDD from your power source.
- There is proper decoupling capacitor on all the required pins.
Thanks a lot for stopping by to read this post.
If you like this post, share it with your friends.
If you have any suggestions, leave a comment.
If you never want to miss a post, please subscribe.